Monday, November 17, 2008

Friday Rocks

Last Wednesday and Thursday were the worst days for me. Physic midterm, Calculus midterm, ECCT test, and research essay due were all scheduled in those 2 days. I slept at 4am for several days. Nocturnality could best describe me as my daily average sleeping hours are 4.5hours. In Friday early morning, I felt extraordinary energetic and joyful because there weren't any tests and I knew I would start abandoning my work for the weekend. In Hebb theatre, I kept staring at the clock, waiting the minute hand to reach the figure 10, as Physic class ends at 1.50pm in the odd- numbered weekdays. Later, I met cj and the others at the busstop adjacent to McDonald and headed to Metrotown. I did a crazy shopping of food and bought a winter jacket at $24.99. I was first getting into trouble to purchase a cheap winter jacket in Sears and eventually bought 1 Retreat jacket at $100 including $10 for taxes. What stumbled me after leaving Sears is the winter jacket priced $24.99 which was sold at a shop beyond Sears entrance. Thus, I made an attempt which is not acceptable in Malaysia -- returned the jacket and got an instant cash refund, eventhough I had made the payment with my bank card. In fact, in Canada, purchased goods can be returned in several weeks or 1 month after the receipt date. In my opinion, if this culture is implemented in Malaysia, the situation will be different as most users would have requested for refunds frequently eventhough they are satisfied with the goods. You could imagine the opportunity and pleasureof trying new products without paying much. Well, maybe my explanations are confusing, but I guess most of you will understand the difference between Malaysia culture and foreign culture. This is not a criticizing of Malaysians but in fact it is a trend in Malaysia. I might be the one who will most probably do the same thing as well. LoL. In late evening, we went back with loads of goods. It's a tiring trip and I rewarded myself with the mouthwatering Shrimps Don in village. After that, we played our favourite game ---The Game of Universe -- dOTa. Yeah, I wished that every single day would be Friday!

No comments: