Tuesday, September 23, 2008

IPP rocks

What is IPP? IPP stands for international peer program. When I first arrived in Canada, my friends and I registered for this program. Indeed, it was a right choice to register for this program as there will be trips organized to numerous attractions in Vancouver. Else, we will be trapped in UBC and life becomes dull and meaningless. Here's my group : Sunset Beach !


Sunset Beach


Last Saturday, we had a trip to Grandville Island. Before this, there was a trip to Richmond summer night market, unfortunately I could not make it. Sux. It was a rainy day. N the worst is I forgot my umbrella! It was cold and I felt that I was eligible to be addressed as 'Orang Kuat' as I was the only one who was not carrying an umbrella, without shivering. swt. We had a mini ferry trip to the island, which cost $2.50 for <5 minute. Once we were there, Our group leader, Kartika Kepper brought as to Cat Meow's eatery for lunch. At the entrance, I know GG ady. I would sure pokai after d lunch. However, everything have to be tried.



Meow!


Eyesock Salmon ($17.99)


Dunoe wad name..look like kueyteow


Part of the group


After the lunch which took us 2++ hours, we went to the public market. Swt, the goods there are so expensive man. We walked around realized that:
1) The market is much more cleaner den the markets in Malaysia
2)The stalls are erected in better order than in Malaysia
3)Civilians can enjoy sea view behind the market. ~Tranquil~
4)All things are XXL sized (crabs, sausage...)



nice


Seafood


Big mou?


The sea is just behind the market. It is a great place. I could observe how the families and the old civilians enjoy their life. It was a totally different feeling that I don't have in Malaysia, when I saw the scene.


Great


Cute


Yeah


Cheer




After visiting the market, we headed back to UBC. Although it was merely a dinner and a visit to the market, I was satisfied because it was a great experience for me, which I don't agree with some of my friends who say those activities and trips are sort of wasting time. We should try everything that is approachable in Vancouver, make journeys to different parts in Vancouver. Else, how would be our life? Completing the homework and preparing for the tests? I would not adapt to these routines.

By the way, I really miss Malaysia. This is undeniable.









5 comments:

Szeshee said...

WOAH! i love ur blog!!
nice word and nice photos!!
shuang dao~~
totally agree with u that if there's a chance, we should expose ourselves to diff thing rather than just stick our butt on the chair and prepare for examinations non-stop.
oh yea, i know u're ORANG KUAT ;)

weiren said...

yeah..
U get da pointz!

reddishTea said...

i love ur last paragraph! hahahah!
we should balance studies and fun! =p
explore more to widen up our knowledge!
good job good job weiren! love ur blog! hehehe
some people might want a life which is just study study and study and no fun... but we know it vy clear that we're not one of them *winks*

weiren said...

lol..yeah..else I dunoe how will be my life..so dull.but some of my frens same with me join the activities..

N the paragraph is not an offense..LOL..it just my opinion..
hehe

Szeshee said...

i wish i could be like u:(